Aspinline's Artwork Guidelines
25 / 01 / 19
Please take a look at our Artwork Guidelines below. These are suggestions for best practices when submitting artwork to Aspinline, as well as some information that will be helpful to know and understand during the approval process.
Our preferred file format is vector.
If a vector file is supplied, it means that we can create your artwork faster and more accurately.
Vector files are normally in the form of:
Vector is a file format in which a visual graphic can be scaled endlessly without ever losing quality. Files such as JPEG, GIF, TIFF and PNG are pixel based, which means that when you zoom in and out of these files, the quality of the image is compromised.
We’ve listed our preferred artwork requirements below:
- All files should be created in Adobe Illustrator CC or lower.
- Send files as CMYK
- Flattened layers and text outlined - If you are not sure how to outline the text in your vector file, check out this handy article here.
- Please have all colours Pantone matched to our solid coated swatch palette. You can find our solid coated Pantone© palette here.
Wondering what to do if you cannot provide a vector file? We can also work with other file formats.
JPEG, 300 dpi, CMYK
GIF, 300 dpi, CMYK
PSD, 300 dpi, CMYK - with transparent background
Non-vector PDF, 300 dpi, CMYK - created in Photoshop CC or lower
TIFF, 300 dpi, CMYK - preserved transparency
It is sometimes necessary for us to charge an Artwork Creation Deposit. A deposit is only required if you supply artwork that matches the following criteria:
1. Low quality artwork is supplied
2. The artwork is not a vector format
3. High detail in the artwork file requires a high volume of work by our art team
4. The customer requires assistance with the artwork creation.
The fee per artwork creation is £50 +VAT.
If you approve your artwork proof and proceed to production, all artwork fees will be deducted from your invoice :)
If you cancel your order and do not proceed to production, this charge will not be refunded.
If you have a specific font in your design that we do not have on file, it will need to be supplied to us. You can either do this by making sure all vector text is outlined or by sending the font to us.
Please upload art with your online order, or if you prefer you can attach in an email to us. You can upload multiple files online by zipping your files together.
If you are having any difficulties just give us a call or send us an email and we will help anyway we can - 0117 956 6657 / [email protected].